Thanksgiving

November30

Taught a cultural lesson on Thanksgiving last week and part of this week. Here are  my favorite answers in response to questions (in terms of humor, not student retention):

“Okay class, 500 dollar jeopardy question. So what food do you put INSIDE the turkey?”
“*Frantic whispering* PIE!”

*point at the TV screen where I’m showing snippets of the Macy’s Day Parade* “You see the people riding on top of the turkey? Who are they?” (note: they were pilgrims)
“OBAMA!”
“nooooooo”
“EMILY TEACHER!”

“Okay class, what are you thankful for? I am thankful BECAUSE of my friends. What about you?”
“I am thankful because of me.”

“What is one of Korea’s MAIN EXPORTS” ($500 jeopardy question in the “random” column for my advanced students)
“Kimchi?”

posted under Cute Stories, School
6 Comments to

“Thanksgiving”

1. Avatar November 30th, 2010 at 5:49 pm Reverend Says:

My favorite answer: “EMILY TEACHER!”

2. Avatar November 30th, 2010 at 8:55 pm epotosky Says:

They also said “EMILY TEACHER!” when I pointed a Shrek balloon >.<. My response? "I'm not green! Or a balloon!"

3. Avatar December 1st, 2010 at 12:47 am Esther Yook Says:

I loved hearing about your Korean students! They are adorable. I look forward to hearing about your cultural experiences when you return to NoVA!

4. Avatar December 1st, 2010 at 5:51 am Ray Says:

Those were great anecdotes. Hope you’re doing well! (JRB says hi.)

5. Avatar December 5th, 2010 at 9:58 am Leah Says:

Chris and I loved the answers haha… they are too funny!

6. Avatar December 11th, 2010 at 6:55 am Maria Says:

Haha, amazing. Life is so funny! 🙂