Travel Itinerary

December20

I received a lot of emails after my last blog entry so thank you for that ^^. It’s nice to know that people are reading my blog and either sympathizing or have had similar experiences. I see that class again tomorrow so we’ll see how it goes. However, it’s my last week of classes. Not even last week, really, as it’s a half week… my last teaching day is on Wednesday and then I’m off!

I’m probably only going to blog once more before I leave because I have too much to do before I leave! I have to pack, finish planning my winter camp, etc. However I feel that it’s necessary to update at least once more to give you pictures of my home, and a sampling of my travels in Korea where I’ve been because, gosh darn it, I can’t let half of my grant year slip by without posting any original pictures! That would be horrible.

So if I stop teaching on December 22nd and don’t teach until March 2nd, what am I going to be doing with my life?! Simply put – awesome things.

• December 24th – December 27th: I’ll be in Seoul for Christmas with my lovely fellow ETA Michelle and maybe some KEP people. We’re going to watch the Nutcracker, ice skate, eat pie (I’m so excited for pie), and just relax.
  • December 27th – January 16th: I’m flying out of Incheon Airport and going to China! I’ll be in China with fellow ETAs Felicia and Amy. Expect a fair amount of radio silence, though I’ll update my facebook/twitter sporadically with things like “I’m alive! I promise.” If you don’t have a facebook and I don’t email you regularly (i.e. you’re not a relative) and you want to get my weekly short message of alivedness just send me your email address and I’ll try to be good about contact.
  • January 17th – 21st: I have a winter camp at my school. I’m still not sure of the details. Should be fun?
  • January 22nd – whenever: I’ll be in up in the frigid north for the Hwacheon Sancheoneo Ice Festival 2010 with random ETAs (but probably Megan and Corrie as our Hwacheonites, Amy and Felicia as my China travel buddies, and maybe Sam my fellow Baekje warrior)!
  • January whenever-I’m-done-with-Hwacheon – February whenever-I-want-to-go-home-and-rest-before-the-3rd: I’ll be traveling around Korea. Not sure where yet, seeing what I feel like doing.
  • February 3rd – March 1st: I’ll be doing an intense language program back in Goesan, which is where I originally did my F*bright orientation!  I’ll be studying Korean for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week along with 40 other grantees. It should be fun? Horrible, horrible, fun. The sad thing is I really do think it’ll be really really fun, but I guess I’m just a huge language geek. 화이딩!

I’m very excited about my schedule, even if it is a lot fuller than I realized. My school and homestay family have been nothing but nice to me, but I’m ready to take a break. It’ll be nice to get out of Y for a bit, even if I’ll be spending all of February in a place that’s practically the same, just a bit smaller. It’ll also be nice to spend some time outside of Korea. I’m sad that I won’t be going home and seeing my family/friends, but that’s life and if I had gone home I wouldn’t be able to do all these amazing things here. All of you reading this blogpost that have access to a Chipotle go to one and eat a burrito for my sake.

That being said, look for one more update then in all honesty I probably won’t update until March. Maybe once during my camp week, but don’t wait up for me. Be back in the spring! Love you all <3.

posted under Travel
One Comment to

“Travel Itinerary”

1. Avatar December 22nd, 2010 at 8:13 pm Mom Says:

Hi Em,

We will feel strange not having you here for the holidays, but you are in our thoughts and hearts.

Your Travel Itinerary sounds very exciting and adventure! Be safe and keep us posted!

We love you dearly,
    Mom, Dad, and Leah

P.S. Don’t forget to send an email to wish Dad Happy Birthday in January if you have an access to use a computer.