Giving Advice

June10

Today I taught class 2.1, my advanced class. I Miss You So Much(e) Boy came up to me with his man-possee, who proceeded to tell me that IMYSM(e) was just like TOP from Big Bang.

TOP                                                                               GD

I told them they were wrong, because TOP has ridiculous hair, and IMYSM(e) has fairly normal hair. Then he told me that he was just like GD from Big Bang, to which I responded that GD was way more attractive. Then he said he wasn’t talking to me anymore, and all the boys in the class called me a heartbreaker.

Of course, then it was time to start class. Today I taught them four different ways to “give advice”

You should VERB.
I think you should VERB.
My advice is to VERB.
I advise you to VERB.

First I had them brainstorm problems that high school students commonly had. Of course, the first example was shouted out by IMYSM(e) who had promptly forgotten that he wasn’t speaking to me. Many of these problems dealt with issues with significant others (taught them the term SO today), studying, parents, etc. My personal favorite was “I am too handsome.” Oh man, such a problem.

Then I gave them scenarios, and the students had to write advice for what to do if you were caught in that sort of a situation. My conclusions are that 2.1 class is full of BAMFs.

BAMFy examples:

Scenario TWO: Cheating boyfriend/girlfriend (SO/significant other)

If your SO cheats on you, you should _______.
punch him/her. (multiple students)
kick him/her. (multiple students)
poke out his/her eyes.
eat a lot of pizza, pasta, cake, ice cream.

Scenario THREE: Pop quiz

If there is a pop quiz, I think you should ______.
write “I love you teacher” on the quiz.
cheat. (awesome, thanks student)
go home.

Scenario FOUR: Visiting  SGHS

If you visit SGHS, I think you should _______.
go somewhere else.

Scenario FIVE: Bear attack 

If a bear attacks you my advice is to ________.
fight (4 students)
climb a tree (4 students)
act like death.

Scenario SIX: House fire

If your house catches on fire my advice is to _______.
buy a new house.
take a picture.
call insurance company.

Scenario SEVEN: Zombie apocalypse

If there is a zombie apocalypse I advise you to _______.

[teacher what is apoca-apo-apocali?
apocalypse.
apocalypsuh?
end of the world.
ohhhhhhhh.]

become zombie (at least half the class wrote some variaton of this)
die with SO.
hunt and kill the zombies (the answer written by my ever awesome host sister, who is also apparently going to fight the bear, kick the cheating SO, and buy a new house.)

If I ever need advice, I now know I can count on class 2.1.

posted under Cute Stories, School