It’s close to midnight and something evil’s lurking in the dark…

October5

ZOMBIES.

Okay so it’s October which means it’s time for my favorite holiday – Halloween! It’s never too early to start crafting the perfect Halloween lesson, so I’m soliciting advice.

Last year I did a zombie lesson for my advanced kids that went over well, but this year I’d like to do something  little more, let’s say, academic than just a speed read and “unconventional weapons bingo” (You can STAB a zombie with a HIGH HEELED SHOE. You can DISTRACT a zombie with KIMCHI). However, I do love zombies. I would like to do a lesson plan on how to survive a zombie apocalypse, but I need some sort of advanced grammar point to teach/practice, something preferably that supports reasoning (ex: so that).

I’ve been talking to the awesome Josh Brown who was a F*bright ETA last year in Naju and my awesome lesson planning buddy (and who I miss dearly) and these are the grammar points he came up:

SO THAT:
“I kill zombies so that I can live”

ONLY IF (and how sometimes the meaning changes if you reverse the order):
“I live only if I kill zombies”
“I kill zombies only if I live”

IN ORDER TO:
“I kill zombies in order to live”

and, not quite the same, but fun

AS IF:
“I walk as if I were a zombie”

Gentle readers, what do you think? Any suggestions in terms of grammar points, or essential zombie vocabulary (physical descriptors, weapons, locations for hideouts, etc) would be much appreciated.

Stay safe.