SNOW

December6

This is technically the third snowfall, but the only one that has actually stuck. I was in the nearby city when it happened, but I got to ride my podunk bus back during the snowstorm. Let me tell you, nothing says “winter cheer” like speed bumps covered in ice. Since I have final exams this week, today I’ve had a lazy day and I haven’t even ventured outside yet, so these pictures were taken from my kitchen window. Maybe I’ll actually wander through town later, who knows.

posted under Uncategorized

I graduated from the University of Mary Washington with a degree in Philosophy Pre-Law and Classical Civilizations, and found myself 3 months later teaching English at SGHS. The town that I taught in, SG, is a small town of 12,000 people, an ”읍” (eup) rather than a “시” (shi – city), and though it was sometimes hard teaching in such a small town I really enjoyed the unique experience of being the first foreign teacher SGHS had ever had. I lived in the largest part of the county which is significantly bigger (40,000 people) than the town the school is situated in, but is also considered rural by Korean standards.