Monsoons

June23

Summer is here, and just when I thought the weather couldn’t get unbearably hotter, I was proven right by what seems to be a veritable dump of all of the moisture in the atmosphere.

It’s rainy season again. I somehow completely forgot about monsoon season, and how while it barely rains in Korea for 9 months out of the year, it makes up for it in the summer. Apparently monsoon season starts today, which is awesome as my umbrella is broken. On a positive note, the heavy rains means that the students can’t practice recorder outside, and there is so much wind that I can’t hear the students practicing in their homerooms. On a negative note, the table-tents that my students set up on their desks that have their names and their stamps (my reward system) on them have flown off like six times, and my shoes are wet.

Seriously, look at this beast!

posted under Uncategorized