Staying Alive

January7

*Cue the music*

ANYway sorry for all the silence, I’m still traveling at the moment. I spent a week visiting Megan in Daejeon and I ended up teaching at her winter camp for 3 days. Teaching elementary school is so different from high school – I think they weren’t sure what to make of me as I had just cut my hair super short a few days prior (is that person a boy or a girl?) and my eyes were blue (are her eyes real?) but it was very fun.

I then flew out as per schedule and met Felicia in Cambodia. Spent a few days  getting sunburnt (don’t worry Mom, I’m fine)  bug-bitten, not tanning at all, and eating delicious fruit, and now I’m in Vietnam. I’m really glad I’m able to have this sort of travel experience, because it reminds me of how different my life could’ve been if I had gone to somewhere other than Korea. Most of the stuff we’ve been doing (well, all of the stuff really) is fairly touristy, so I can’t say I’m getting a taste of real life, however I think I can safely say that I couldn’t do most of this in Korea. Nevertheless I’ve seen chocopies, a Lotteria, a Hanatour bus, and I heard a little Cambodian boy singing 2ne1’s “I am the Best” (mostly just the nonsensical chorus, but you gotta give him props for trying) so Korea doesn’t seem too far away.

I’ll be back in Korea from January 15th – 22nd, and while I’m sad to leave the warmth I honest to god miss kimchi.

Yeah this is a bit rambly, but can you blame me?  I’m on vacation ;).

posted under Travel