Letter Exchange

June13

My letter exchanges are booming. What started with just MW has expanded to include a 2nd grade boy (Solomon) I sometimes email with, a girl whose name translates to “Grace of God” who ended her letter with “and God bless you,” and a 3rd grade student who wants to practice English and expand her extracurricular portfolio for her college applications. So many letters…

Grace (of God) gave me her new letter today, as well as a small box. On the back of the box it says “Not Medicine – It’s Derma Cosmetics!” Inside the box are six pieces of chocolate, and three free lotion samples.

Also I just sent out a response to Solomon’s last email. His email is absolutely adorable.

“I have a short time at my home… so, I don’t spend sleeping time…
but, if i’m not sleeping, I will die… Ha..Ha… (just jocking, but I will very very sleepy in my school…)
 …
don;t be disappointed, you can lead our chang-pyeong highschool students very well~^^
I bellive you and I will follow you well.
Umm… I think chang-pyeong highschool students are very smart and kind(?) …
but sometimes make a noise vey loudly…
I think you annoying this (or not) but please understanding our students.
because, our stressed study study study.. so, we talk to each other only a little time…
ofcourse, we quite and listen to teacher’s talk. this is not change.”
What a freaking sweetheart
One Comment to

“Letter Exchange”

1. Avatar October 16th, 2012 at 3:08 pm Em in Asia! » Blog Archive » Student Profile: Solomon the Writer Says:

[…] I’ve mentioned him twice before on this blog, one time was interacting with him and some of his classmates on Sports Day, and the other in my blog post talking about my letter exchanges with students. […]