Typhoon

August27

A big typhoon is hitting Jeju island as we speak, and it’s going to make it’s way up the mainland. I live in the southernmost tip of Korea, and I live on the top floor (the second) of one of the tallest buildings in my town. My co-teacher just suggested that I buy tape and tape down my windows.

I’m honestly less worried about my windows, and more depressed about having to walk to school tomorrow in the middle of a gigantic rainstorm.

posted under Uncategorized
2 Comments to

“Typhoon”

1. Avatar August 27th, 2012 at 8:56 pm Amy Phillips-Iversen Says:

Welcome back to school, Emily! Be safe. Jake is still in Korea, too. And, as his mom, I worry about his safety. Maybe they’ll call off school during the storm?

2. Avatar August 28th, 2012 at 10:16 am epotosky Says:

Thank you!

Some schools cancelled class, but my school apparently never cancels. I’m just lucky I have a much shorter commute than most of the other teachers :).