There, that is a true story.

September18

CAM00069

Blackout poetry is super cool, and I want to try it with my students. Before trying it with my students, I decided that I probably should take a stab at it first. The idea is that you take a passage from a book, or a newspaper, and create poetry by deleting words from something that’s already been written. I used a short story that we discussed in my club class – if anyone can guess what this is from, I’ll be pretty impressed. Anyway, this poem’s a travel warning.

In case you can’t read it (click on the link, it’ll take you to a bigger version on flickr), it goes like this:

“Once a prince wanted to travel. One evening lightning poured down knocking at the city gate and god! he ran. we’ll soon find on the bottom of the sea lying on something black and blue the prince cold and stolen. There, that is a true story.”

posted under Uncategorized